Monday, February 21, 2011

I'll Pray for You

Have you heard this song?

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the
head like I'd like to
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
I pray you're flying high when your engine stalls
I pray all your dreams never come true
Just know wherever you are honey, I pray for you.

Our pastor used that as the springboard for a sermon about how we are supposed to pray for one another and how we are supposed to see one another, really. The congregation got a kick out of the song - we can all identify with those feelings toward people who have hurt us or whom we find difficult. But the point of our pastor's sermon was not just that we are to pray for all those difficult people in our lives. We are also to pray for ourselves - that we will come to see these difficult people as He does, as his precious children that he died for.

Peace!

Katie

No comments: