Sunday, November 21, 2004

I Love George W. Bush!

OK, I have to admit it, I did not vote for "W" in the 2000 primary. He was not my first choice as the Republican nominee. In fact, anyone that I would vote for in the primary is probably not electable because I am very conservative and quite libertarian in my leanings. Bush has proven himself to me in many ways over the last several years, not the least of which is the way he has been willing to prosecute the war on terror. He is not afraid to get people angry with him as he does what he thinks is best to protect our country.

That is not, however, what makes me say I love him today. I am just tickled by the way he handled the security situation in Chile. When Chilean security forces would not let his Secret Service agents follow him into a dinner with the Chilean president and both of their wives, the president went back, reached into the fracas, and pulled his lead agent out of the fray. Read about it here:

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041120-113709-8651r.htm

Just too cool.

---Katie

No comments: