Thursday, August 11, 2005

CWA funnies

Paul Erickson was speaking briefly at the SLR Forum last night and noted that in the new Renewing Worship materials (that some are now starting to call Destroying Worship) the only main male personality who is allowed to continue to be referred to by masculine pronouns is.....wait for it.....Satan. Paul said, "I weep for my gender."

We had a little cops and robbers type of excitement last night. We had been sliding flyers from SLR and WA under hotel room doors trying to get our info out. About 1800 of the 2000 rooms here have Lutherans in them, so it made sense. Except, of course, it was not allowed. We had no problem Tuesday night, but last night the security folks hunted us down. Drew and I managed to get our nine floors done (150 rooms) without any confrontation, but that was not the case with everyone. It even degenerated into the coordinator of the process (I will not name names) hiding behind walls from security and trying to reach as many rooms as possible before she had to stop. (It was a lot funnier when she told it, but that is the way it usually is!)

It seems like I had something else funny to tell, but it escapes me at the moment. If I remember it, I will add it.

---Katie

No comments: