Thursday, November 30, 2006

This is not racial profiling....

Here is a good column about the removal of the Muslim imams from the US Airways flight earlier this month:

So tell me, my politically correct friends, what would you do?

You’re waiting to board an airplane and you spot six bearded Muslims - imams, as it turns out - in the concourse waiting to board with you. Three of them are praying loudly, shouting “Allah! Allah!” when you and your fellow passengers are called for boarding.

You, being a good liberal, think nothing of it.

According to the Washington Times, “Passengers and flight attendants told law enforcement officials the imams switched from their assigned seats to a pattern associated with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.”

One air marshal told the Times: “They [the imams] now control all of the entry and exit routes to the plane. That would alarm me.”

But not you. You’re no bigot. You’re no profiler.

So what if three notably non-obese imams asked for seat belt extenders? So what if, despite being told there were no available seats in first class when asked for an upgrade, two of the imams were found sitting there when they were removed from the plane?

No matter. You’re with Mahdi Bray of the Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation, who called removing the imams an act of racism and Islamophobia.

Alas, I’m not as “open-minded” as you. I will stick with the “Islamophobes” and wait for the next flight.

How much sympathy do I have for idiot imams in the post-9/11 world who feel the need to shout “Allah!” at the top of their lungs while boarding an airplane?

Slightly less than I feel for the drunken Yankees fan who wanders onto Yawkey Way screaming “The Red Sox can kiss my [muffled blows and sounds of broken glass]"

Click on the title to read the rest.

If that were to happen on a plane on which I was flying, I would be scared out of my wits.

I have to think that this is a scam to drum up sympathy for the poor, oppressed Muslims in America, but I am afraid that it will backfire on them. At least I hope it will! Enough of this using our own political correctness against us!

----Katie

No comments: