Saturday, May 12, 2007

Have you heard of Freecycle?

We have family coming to visit for graduation, so of course I am cleaning like a mad woman. I have a "home school house" which means we keep lots of stuff that might be useful. We used to keep old small appliances just to let the boys take them apart! Thankfully we are past that stage, but we have lots of stuff. And we hate to throw that stuff away!

Thank goodness for Freecycle! You can find people who would like your old stuff and they will come pick it up! The purpose of Freecyle is to keep usable stuff out of landfills. This week we have gotten rid of old computer components, a broken air compressor, clothes, books, toys, etc. It's great! I don't have to throw it away and people find a use for our old stuff!

Oh, and I have gotten some good stuff myself. One time I got a whole bag of Mary Kay items from a consultant who was downsizing. Free! It's all free!

Click on the title to find out about Freecycle in your area.

---Katie

No comments: