Friday, October 12, 2007

Renewing Old Aquaintances

We just had a marvelous week. We actually got out of town for an entire week! The best part of our trip was a reunion of the Lutheran Student Movement members from the last 40 or more years at our alma mater, Clemson University. My hubby's roommate from college was there as was one of my bridesmaids and the pastor who did our wedding - he was also the pastor who was in charge of the LSM group we attended. Many other folks from "our generation" were there. At one point I said to my daughter, "Look, all the people sitting at these two tables were at our wedding!" It was very cool. And except for how we look (!) no one had changed too much! It was like coming home. I went off to college knowing no one there and LSM was my family there. And that is where I met hubby as well!

We had a barbecue on Friday, went to the pastor's open house, tailgated and attended the game (the only disappointment) on Saturday, and attended church at University Lutheran (where we got married almost 29 years ago) on Sunday. After lunch with my in-laws, we headed for the mountains for a few days and I'll post later about that!

---Katie

No comments: