Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Blessed Easter

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter Sunday!

We had our first Easter Sunday in our new church home. Since 1979, we have worshiped every Easter at our former church, as long as we were in town and not sick. This was a bit of a milestone for us. It was good to hear my husband say that he was content. I am still struggling with grief, I guess, for what St. John used to be, but I am happy to be where we are now.

I sing in the contemporary service, so we did not attend attend the traditional service, but we were there and slipped into it for the processional "Jesus Christ is Risen Today." It was wonderful; I think it was my favorite part of the day.

---Katie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A blessed Resurrection Day to you and yours.

I understand your grief, but I think the more you get involved in that congregation the better it will feel and the less you will harbor whatever "resentment" or what have you for Saint Johns.

I too have felt this as I left the ELCA and joined the AFLC, but I have to say that the more I get involved the less I "feel" about the ELCA. That I think is good, for now I can begin to pray better for their repentance.

He is Risen, and he is going on before you. The best is in front of you.

Peace in the Lord!
Rob Buechler, Pastor
Trinity-Bergen Lutheran Church
Lakeview Lutheran Church
Faith Lutheran Church
Starkweather,ND

Landscape Contractors Edmond said...

Lovely blog you have heere