Saturday, August 23, 2008

Vote for me! Vote for me!

As I said in an earlier post, I was surprised to find myself on the ballot for this Tuesday. I am running against two other women to serve as precinct committeewoman for precinct 522 in Orange County, FL. I volunteered for the position, not realizing that I might face an election. This has been kind of fun, just seeing my name on a ballot. Today another exciting thing happened - I got a phone call from the Republican Victory Committee (or was it the Republican Committee for Victory? oh well) telling me to vote for me! Wow - that was cool.

The reason that local Republicans asked people like me to volunteer to be on the Orange County Republican Executive Committee is that Ron Paul supporters are working to remake the Republican Executive Committees throughout Florida. They want to move the Republicans back to Ronald Reagan style Republicanism, which might not be a bad thing. I know I have not been happy with establishment Republicanism myself lately. I think that is a general trend, looking at what has been happening politically in the last several years. Perhaps it is time to shake things up. I hope I get to be a part of it!

---Katie (vote for me)

2 comments:

Katie Kilcrease said...

I won! Looks like I get to find out what a precinct committeewoman actually does!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was wondering... too bad I am not in your district. This could be the start of something big! :)

samangel