Thursday, May 11, 2006

Where I have been.

I have not been posting much in recent weeks, so here are a few excuses:

My daughter graduated from college! Summa cum laude! (Thumbing nose at those relatives who have been less than supportive of our homeschooling adventure!) It was supposed to rain, but it was a gloriously sunny, beautiful day in Tennessee for the outdoor event. Her chorale sang at the graduation, then at the chorale director's church where she had a solo. We almost missed that because my car lost its timing belt, but it happened within walking distance of the church, so we made it. Monday the chorale left for their two week tour of Europe. I am envious! Of course, we did get an extra day of vacation to get the car fixed....could not have broken down in a better place.

I have a new home business! I have had several home party businesses in the past, but have had to give them up because either the business changed or I changed. Last fall I decided to incorporate rubber stamping into my scrapbooking. So many people got excited about what I was doing, I decided to make it a business. I am teaching people how to make cards and other decorative or sentimental items, as well as selling products. I spend a lot of time cutting paper!

This is a busy time of year for people who work with homeschool groups. We finished the enrichment program for the year and have been in the process of registering people for next year. You would think that as homeschoolers the end of the school year would not be busy, but it always has been for me. So I hope to blog a little more regularly now....we'll see!

Thanks for reading!

---Katie

No comments: