Monday, July 14, 2008

The Annie Moses Band

Last night we had the opportunity to attend a concert at the International Christian Retail Show. Five different groups/individuals performed, Jeremy Camp, Group 1 Crew, Brian Free and Assurance, Nicole C. Mullins and the Annie Moses Band. Wow. Everyone was great! We particularly enjoyed hearing Nicole M. sing her wonderful song, Redeemer. I loved learning that she wrote it after reading the book of Job, which is one of the studies I am a part of right now.

The group that I am most excited about is the Annie Moses band. They were just so completely different from any of the other groups. They are a family of musicians, some of whom have trained at Julliard. As I watched them, I thought, "I bet they are homeschooled...." and I researched them and they were homeschooled, but I cannot tell if they still are homeschooling the younger ones. The kids play the violin, viola, cello, harp, banjo, mandolin, and keyboard. Dad plays the keyboard and writes and arranges the music. Mom sings and writes lyrics. They are not your average homeschool family band. Watching the siblings play the stringed instruments together is awesome! What I really enjoyed, too, was watching Mom watch them as they played. I recognized her expression - I have that sometimes with my kids! Wow, look what they are doing!

Click on the title to see and hear their arrangement of God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen. You won't regret it!

---Katie

No comments: