Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm running for office!

Several years ago my dear husband asked when I was going to run for political office. I told him never because several of my friends have done so, and I had no desire to go through what they went through. Imagine my surprise when I received my absentee ballot for the upcoming primary - my name is on it! Several weeks ago I responded to a plea from the state Republican women's group to serve as a member of the county Republican Executive Committee. Apparently, I was not the only one to respond from my precinct, so now we have an election and I am on the ballot. How fun! So, if you are in precinct 522 of Orange County Fl - vote for Kathryn! ;-)

---Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!
A new adventure for your fifties.

It wasn't fifty that upset me. It was knowing how quickly 60 would come.
But, we all know people who did not make it to 50, and others who are going strong into their 90's. We are blessed to have one day at a time........