Sunday, April 03, 2005

Tell me, again, why we are in full communion with the ECUSA?

Bishop Robinson, the openly gay bishop in the Episcopal Church, says that Jesus might well have been gay. He just keeps making things worse:

"Interestingly enough, in this day of traditional family values," answered Robinson, "this man that we follow was single, as far as we know, traveled with a bunch of men, had a disciple who was known as 'the one whom Jesus loved' and said my family is not my mother and father, my family is those who do the will of God. None of us likes those harsh words. That's who Jesus is, that's who he was at heart, in his earthly life.

"Those who would posit the nuclear family as the be all and end all of God's creation probably don't find that much in the gospels to support it," he concluded.

So tell me, is it just me, or are the mainline denominations, including my own, the ELCA, just determined to destroy themselves and the rest of us with them? What do they have against the traditional family? Who provides churches with their volunteers, their money? Why are we a target?

And to suggest that Jesus was homosexual when the Bible so clearly condemns homosexual practice? That is just sick. Please, please, ELCA, break the communion - don't jump in bed with the ECUSA this summer by changing or refusing to enforce our standards!

---Katie

No comments: