Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My Dad is very ill.

If I am not posting as much as I would like it is because my dad has taken quite a turn for the worse.

He suffered a stroke in January 2000. He went through six months of rehab and was finally able to live independently (with Mom). They moved here to Florida and lived in a retirement facility in the independent living section. That went well for Dad for about two years until he had an illness he just could not quite bounce back from. I think he got tired. He has done reasonably well in the nursing home. He was put on Hospice over a year ago because he kept getting sick and seemed to be deteriorating, but he stabilized and was healthy for about a year. He even seemed to handle Mom's death in January rather well. In the last several weeks, though, he has gone downhill. I am not sure he really knew I was there tonight. He is refusing all food and most drink. Please keep him (and us) in your prayers.

Thanks,

---Katie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers. I echo Dennis' prayer. The Lord's peace and healing upon you and your house.

Rob Buechler, Pastor
Trinity-Bergen/Faith Lutheran Parish
Starkweather, ND

Eric Swensson said...

We'll be praying too.
Eric Swensson