Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Welcome Dennis!

I am pleased to introduce and welcome Dennis, who will be posting on this blog - a lot, I hope!

I won't tell you too much about Dennis because he will be introducing himself soon. However, I will tell you how I know him. I used to be the Director of Youth and Family Ministries at my ELCA church in Winter Park, FL. I cannot remember the exact year (around 1990 perhaps?), but I had the joy of serving on a task force that hired Dennis for that job several years after I retired to be a stay at home mom. Dennis did a little bit of everything at St. John. When our DCE left, he moved into that job. When we needed an interim principal at our school, he did that. Then he served as our Director of Children's Ministries before leaving for a brief sojourn in Atlanta. Now he is back in Central Florida and is serving a local LCMS church as Director of Christian Education. While we miss having him at our church we are so glad that he and his family are back in the area! We are especially looking forward to watching their kids grow; our oldest was their first babysitter, I think. If not the first, she was one of the first.

Dennis is a faithful Lutheran Christian as well as an excellent and creative writer. I look forward to adding an LCMS flavor to the blog; that is my background as well, even though I have been in the ELCA for a long time.

We are happy to have you here, Dennis!

---Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis, and welcome! Your humor and insight will lend a nice perspective. Since I know both you & Katie, I anticipate a powerful tag-team. Welcome home.