Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I lost my mom today.

My mom passed away this morning. I am doing ok, I think. It was not an unexpected thing, but the reality is always a shock. I will be spending the next few days planning and having her funeral, visiting with my sister who will fly in from Nevada, also with my children who will come home from college, and comforting my dad. None of us really expected to lose her first, but it became obvious in the last several months that it was a real possibility. I am sad, so sad, for my dad; they were married for 64 years - since the time he was 20 and she was 17. He cannot imagine life without her. I am happy for my mom, who has not felt well for a long time and was not happy at all being in a nursing home. What a blessing that she is now in heaven with her Savior. I am sure my brother, Mike, was there to greet her, too. What a celebration!

---Katie

2 comments:

prying1 said...

When my mom passed away a year ago I felt mixed emotions. A sense of remorse and a sense of relief with guilt trying to jump in for feeling the relief. If that is happening to you please know that the guilt is not of the Lord. Laugh at it at it will go away. - I jumped into your blogs in the middle and got to know you a bit before hitting this post. Know that I and many others care deeply and the ties of the Spirit have us feeling that longing, that compelling tug, to give you a hug...
- Paul -

Katie Kilcrease said...

Thanks, y'all. Her memorial service is Monday at 10:30. Please pray for my kids as they drive home tomorrow.

---Katie