Friday, February 04, 2005

I'm back, I think....

Well, everything is back to the regular schedule...I can't say normal yet, because it really does not feel normal. My college kids came home and my sister came from out west. We had such a good time together. She is fourteen years older than I am and we did not really grow up together. Our family had a lot of "issues" and it was interesting to tell each other stories that the other had not heard. My kids *love* being with my sister. I wish we could be together more.

I have to say, having a loss like this really shows you how kind people are. We had so many people bring meals. We received lovely cards from people we really don't know all that well. People came to the memorial service who had never met my mom, but who just cared about us. People from the nursing home and hospice were there. And the love that all the people who care for my dad have showered on him is awesome. I am just humbled. If you are reading this, you know who you are...thank you. I am honored to be your friend.

---Katie

No comments: