Friday, August 10, 2007

20th Anniversary Banquet

I have to admit that I seriously considered blowing this event off so I could just have some down time. I am so glad I went! The food was great. It was sort of what we call family style and it was an unusual mix of what I would consider German food and light Italian food. A couple of cold veggie salads, ziti with cheese, potato puffs, sausage, sweet potatoes (mashed) salmon with some sort of veggie salsa on it - unusual but good. Oh, pork loin and an assortment of desserts as well. We just passed it all around.

The entertainment was hysterical. I have never seen a bottle band before and it was truly the funniest thing I have seen in months. Click on the title for an article and picture.

And I was truly happy that there were no speeches!! I am speeched out!

---Katie

2 comments:

Rick Weiss said...

Katie
Thanks so much for this informative and even handed blog, I wonder when the voting members get back to there home churches and when the members find out how they voted, And that it is now a ELCA statement for the ordained, will those members be chastised and a church fall away from the ELCA or will people not really care.

This is going to be interesting when the congregations find out what has transpired. But like I said, It might not, some people are not concerned about there pastors.

Thanks
Rick Weiss

Anonymous said...

Okay, B and I checked out the bottle band, and it was cool!!! I also wanted to ask you (thought it is unrelated to this post) for some info on homeschooling. Now that Joshua is 3, kindergarten is becoming more and more a reality, and I am exploring all my options. Homeschooling is looking more and more like a great fit, but I am overwhelmed. When and how did you get started? What motivated you? How did you handle having all the kids together (this is my MAJOR concern!). How did you make time for yourself and your marriage? Any helpful books you could suggest as I think about this?

If you want, comment through my blog and send me your e-mail. I moderate all comments before posting, so I will make sure I don't post any personal info. I just don't have your e-mail address on hand for some reason.

Thanks so much!