Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Bishop Benoway's comments on the ELCA sexuality task force report

Several people have asked me if I knew what Rev. Edward Benoway's (bishop of ELCA Fl/Bahamas Synod) stand on the sexuality report is. I found this quote in an ELCA news service article:

"While I understand and appreciate that the recommendations affirm the present practices of the church as is reflected by the majority response in the church, it is also good to hear the position of the minority and to be open to discover ways in which to follow the Spirit's leading in not only welcoming but also including those who are different from us in the ministry that God gives us."

I guess that means if this study is approved as is, we will have local option in Florida. If you want to read the entire article, click on the title above.

---Katie

No comments: