Friday, September 02, 2005

Yeowtch! That's gotta hurt!!!

From Worldmag blog:

Cutting-edge condoms

With more than 50,000 rapes reported every year, South Africa has one of the highest rates of sexual assault in the world. In order to reduce that statistic, inventor Sonette Ehlers created the "rapex", a latex device that is worn like a tampon and contains sharp barbs that hooks onto the rapist'’s skin and can only be removed from the man through surgery. So far, the prototype has only been used on a plastic male models since no men were willing to test the product.



I just cannot think of anything witty to say...but I am sure someone will!

---Katie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie Kilcrease said...

Sorry to disappoint you...I was just removing some "comment spam" which seems to be the latest thing. We got four of them just yesterday. Each one said something like, "Love your blog -come visit mine!" And then it turns out to be a site selling something.

Katie Kilcrease said...

Thank you. I had seen that option but had not seen it in use on comments...I think I'll try it.
Katie