Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Some people you are just meant to know.

I had one of those experiences today that reinforces my belief that nothing is coincidence and God is working in the minute, everday experiences of our lives.

My daughter is on choir tour, singing around the state of Florida at various churches and schools...not at our church, unfortunately, but that is another story.

I was blessed to be able to attend her concert at a local private school and my two kids and I sat with another mom who had driven up from about four hours away with four of her children. We enjoyed chatting and decided at the last minute after the concert to do lunch together.

We sat at Wendy's for at least an hour. We had so much in common; our kids had so much in common (all the teens were fans of studying theology, how amazing is that!!) My youngest came home with her youngest's IM name. We had a blast talking about church, reformed theology, Lutheran theology, the ups and downs of church life...and her husband is a seminary professor. One of their daughters is learning Greek by auditing classes at his seminary...so guess what my son wants to do? ;-)

It was one of those wonderful experiences of instant friendship. God is good.

Katie

No comments: